Focus on Forestry

Emmerichshofen Forest and Lake Administration

Built around 1768 on a fief of the Kurfürst of Mainz, the baroque castle and forest of Emmerichshofen came into family ownership in 1824 and 1835. Since then, the land has been managed sustainably, from reforestation in the 19th century to the management and care of the private forest and the creation of an exclusive recreational and lake landscape in the 1970s.


The forest of Emmerichshofen offers a wide range of beech, oak, pine and spruce wood, both as logs and in sections and as industrial wood. Self-growers can purchase firewood.

Time out in the middle of nature

The weekend refuge was designed and laid out over many years of work. The idyllically located plots are leased for 30 years each. The Scandinavian-style wooden houses are purchased from the respective previous owners.

Contact us

Forst- und Seenverwaltung
Emmerichshofen 1 | 63796 Kahl am Main

Tel +49 6188 90 04 60
Fax +49 6188 90 05 32
Mail fusv(at)

Although open to the public and easily accessible on the edge of the Rhine-Main area, the Emmerichshofen nature refuge has remained a real insider tip to this day.

The natural recreation in the forest around the lakes ideally complements the diverse offers in the surrounding area.

The lakes in the Emmerichshofen forest are used by fishing clubs, which cherish a great variety of species in the water.